Memoirs from Iron City...Draper returns...baby blues...
• Lil Wayne will release a memoir of his time in protective custody at Riker’s Island titled Gone Till November. Described as an internal monologue, Wayne’s personal diaries document his time on the inside without the sizzurp.
• The Velvet Underground sued the Andy Warhol Foundation for licensing the iconic banana image Warhol designed for their first album.
• For $40 a month or $500 for lifetime use, Appifier can turn your Wordpress blog into a mobile app.
• Panasonic designed a $7,800 cloud-based vegetable-growing device for your living room in case plants in your window feels too lo-fi.
• Google finally merged search and social with the awkwardly titled “Search plus Your World.”
• Facebook is developing Facebook for your car.
• Microsoft filed a GPS patent for an “avoid ghetto” app.
• Star Wars is developing a new live-action television series. Star Wars: Underworld will deal with the bounty hunters and gangster underbelly of the galaxy.
• Mad Men returns on March 25th.
• The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo continues with a mobile app that follows an assassin tasked with killing Lisbeth Salander.
• Taylor Swift landed the role of a lifetime when she was cast as ragged Eponine in the film version of Les Miserables.
• Lindsay Lohan is in talks to play the legendary Liz Taylor in a television biopic about the late actress’ life and eight marriages. Lohan has the cigarette smoking down but the “greatest actress of all time” may be a stretch.
• Tim Burton and Robert Downey Jr. are in talks to direct and star in a live-action version of Pinocchio. Downey Jr. would play Geppetto.
•The TSA confiscated a woman’s potentially dangerous frosted cupcake at the Las Vegas airport.
• Blue Ivy Carter was born to celebrity parents Jay Z and Beyonce Knowles and quickly became the name of a new strain of kush. The new baby also dropped a crying verse at the end of this Jay Z song.