She is, an' all, y'know...
She destroyed our communities, she destroyed our villages, she has destroyed our pits and she tried to destroy our dignity,” - David Hopper, General Secretary, Durham Miners Association.
Today was Margaret Thatcher’s funeral at London’s St. Paul’s Cathedral. Code-name Operation True Blue, the event was the biggest Prime Ministerial send-off since Winston Churchill in 1965. Her Majesty the Queen was in attendance, as she was at Churchill’s. You’d think that, with a... [Read more]
Album Title: Free the Universe
Release Date: April 16
Due to artistic differences, Major Lazer producers Diplo and Switch have parted ways leaving Diplo alone to pilot the mainstream reggae revival currently underway. Diplo’s manager told Billboard that he’d like the audience to see Major Lazer as a band or crew. Whether or not the album’s featured artists will perform on Free the Universe tour dates is still up on the air, but appearances by Santigold, Amber of Dirty Proje... [Read more]
76. Iraq Lobster - Do you love "Rock Lobster" but wish there were more? Peter's got you covered. "Death to America / And butter sauce / Don't boil me / I'm still alive / Iraq lobster! / Iraq lobster!" | Episode #168: "Screams of Silence: The Story of Brenda Q." (Season 10, Episode 3)
77. I Don't Want to Wait - Hey, we've all sung made-up lyrics before: "I don't want to wait / For my lunch to get colder / Da-da-da-da / Why can't I eat it now? / I don't want to wait / For, ha ha, new Toyota / I w... [Read more]
51. It's a Wonderful Day For Pie - Who says Family Guy isn't appropriate for children? This is just plain old, family-friendly, anti-Semitic, Disney-style fun. | Episode #127: "Road to the Multiverse" (Season 8, Episode 1)
52. Take On Me - One of those "What the f$@&?" moments that made Family Guy what it is today. It incorporates many signature FamGuy gag features: music, an '80s cultural reference, and an altered animation style. | Episode #59: "Breaking Out is Hard to Do" (Season 4, Episode ... [Read more]
26. Establishment - Not sure Stewie quite got the spirit of Woodstock: "Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best...Learn the rules!" | Episode #65: "Brian Goes Back to College" (Season 4, Episode 15)
27. I Like Farts - New Brian knows that Peter is a man of simple taste: "I don't like fancy learnin' books / I don't like apple tarts / I don't like cozy breakfast nooks / I don't like modern art... / Well I like farts!" | Episode #115: "The Man with Two Brians" (Season 7, Episode ... [Read more]
1. Will Smith Nice Clean Rap - Hip-hop's hardest gangsta: "Whoo! Ha-ha! I respect women when I'm on a date / I take 'em to the park or maybe a museum / And I only try to kiss 'em if they're ready / Whoo-hoo! What, what, what?" | Episode #106: "McStroke" (Season 6, Episode 8)
2. Fatty's in a Little Jam - Love 'em or hate 'em, Vern and Johnny are true showmen; they know the show must go on: "Fatty's in a...Oh, now, how the whiz-bang does the rest of it go? Quick! Make something up!" | Episode #68... [Read more]
Since its inception in 1997, Netflix has redefined an industry formerly dominated by brick and mortar franchises through a series of right-place, right-time innovations. Their monthly flat-rate subscription, unlimited rentals and elimination of shipping, handling and late fees were enough to drive Blockbuster into bankruptcy. The irony probably wasn’t lost on the mom and pop shops that were forced to close their doors when Blockbuster and Hollywood Videos came to town. Netflix stumbled badly ... [Read more]
Sadly, Marvin Hamlisch passed away Monday night. And if you don't know who he is, you have probably seen (or, more likely, heard) something from his extensive list of life accomplishments. With a career spanning a half a century, including theatre, live music performance, film, and television, and touching the lives of millions, he will be missed. Read up below on just some of this man's many notable achievements.
(1) He wrote music for some serious Broadway hits. Ever heard of a little show ca... [Read more]
(1) Real men love Broadway. When Randy gets the inside scoop on why men everywhere are taking their wives to see musicals (it's called subtext), he becomes a superfan, and Sharon is so pleased with his newfound appreciation for theatre that she repays him. Handsomely. | Episode #220: Broadway Bro Down (Season 15, Episode 11)
(2) Before Glee, show choirs saved the world, not just FOX's ratings. The South Park kids are on their way to Costa Rica to help save the environment. While Kyle struggles ... [Read more]
(1) Don't piss off a Brit in a dodgeball match. Facing the terrifying Chinese national dodgeball team, the South Park Cows pray only to escape with their lives. But the mild-mannered Pip explodes when they confuse his people with the French; finally, the South Park kids' cultural ignorance pays off. | Episode #18: Conjoined Fetus Lady (Season 2, Episode 5)
(2) There's nothing wrong with wanting to look on the outside how you feel on the inside. Kyle is sick of the stereotypes bringing him down ... [Read more]