Lights out...Tebow lives...the only other girl in the world...
• The Internet blew up this week with news that Google and Wikipedia might not work if SOPA/PIPA legislation was passed. Over 4.5 million people signed an anti-SOPA petition and many members of Congress who had previously supported the legislation folded on the bad hand they’d been dealt.
• Following the collapse of SOPA/PIPA, former senator Chris Dodd, drunk with his newfound power as the head of the Motion Picture... [Read more]
Memoirs from Iron City...Draper returns...baby blues...
• Lil Wayne will release a memoir of his time in protective custody at Riker’s Island titled Gone Till November. Described as an internal monologue, Wayne’s personal diaries document his time on the inside without the sizzurp.
• The Velvet Underground sued the Andy Warhol Foundation for licensing the iconic banana image Warhol designed for their first album.
• For $40 a month or $500 for lifetime use, Appifier can turn ... [Read more]
Piracy as religion…Yeezy saves...beam us up…
• In the war for an airtight, vacuum-sealed Internet free of sharing, all of the major record labels have filed lawsuits against Grooveshark’s obviously somewhat illegal but still very wonderful streaming service.
• Maybe they should move to Sweden where file sharing was dubbed a religion this week.
• The chosen one Justin Bieber got a tattoo of the son of God on his calf.
• Russell Brand’s raging sexual appetite was rumored to be the... [Read more]
In space, no one can hear you squeam...So ronery...My precious...
• The official trailer for Ridley Scott’s Alien spin-off Prometheus surfaced. No aliens appear but there’s plenty of devastation and a tagline that reads “They went looking for our beginning, what they found could be our end." Looks intense.
• Notoriously unstable couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel reportedly got engaged.
• Nobody doubted Julianne Moore’s ability to take on Tina Fey’s definitive portrait... [Read more]
Damon FAIL…Sheen FAIL…Jagger FAIL…
• Christian Bale was rough-housed by plain clothes Chinese police after attempting to visit a controversial Chinese lawyer who was under house arrest. Bale claimed he just wanted to shake the man’s hand. He happened to have a CNN camera crew in tow for the potential handshake.
• Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel brought out the ugly side of kids with crappy gifts.
LiLo’s race to nowhere…Tom Cruise feels the need for speed…Yoko's war on Christmas…
• The film gods are at it again. Eddie Murphy has been tapped to play DC’s former Scarface-like mayor Marion Barry in an upcoming Spike Lee biopic.
• Lindsay Lohan upped her trash-ante by appearing in Playboy this week. Unfortunately the leaked spreads were deemed not smutty enough by the Internet.
• Tom Cruise announced a sequel to Top Gun. Goose is still dead.
• Trainspotting director D... [Read more]
Living the thug life at Georgetown…Kanye sings the blues…the future looks thirsty…
• Georgetown University is offering a class on Jay-Z to lecture students on the intricacies of balling so hard, putting supermodels in the cab and moving freebase.
• Grammy award front-runner Kanye West lamented that he wasn’t nominated for Best Album and blamed it on putting out two albums in the same year. In a behind-the-scenes video ‘Ye also ruminated about world leaders who were affected by h... [Read more]
Jagger’s little secret…the holiday spirit rears its ugly head…rise of the bunnymen…
• The Rolling Stones inched one step closer to reuniting for a 50th anniversary tour when Mick Jagger and Keith Richards agreed to meet to iron out the wrinkles that surfaced when Richards openly discussed Jagger’s Little Red Rooster in his bestselling autobiography.
• A member of the University of York’s Department of Archeology argued that graffiti produced by the Sex Pistols John Lydon deserved ... [Read more]
Courtney melts down…Demi and Ashton split up…the Biebz rides again…
• Michael Jackson’s death bed, sans mattress (his death bed-frame?), was pulled from auction after whoever was in charge of it came to his senses.
• Courtney Love continued to blame everyone but herself during a meltdown in Brazil after someone held up a picture of Kurt Cobain. Love dropped the F-bomb on everyone from Dave Grohl to anyone who tries to “steal money from my kid’s table” before walking offstage.
... [Read more]
Lindsay Lohan has it locked up…ugly sweaters rule…Tyson channels Cain…
• Rather than go on a second night in a row hopped up on steroids and antibiotics, “black James Taylor” Frank Ocean postponed his New York show with the hope of salvaging the rest of his debut solo tour and his million-dollar voice. Fans who showed up to the Bowery early got a free hat.
• Drake’s eagerly-awaited sophomore album Take Care leaked this week to rave reviews proving once and for all that music is... [Read more]