"Rock has always been the Devil's music. You can't convince me that it isn't"
- David Bowie, 1976
"Only the watchdogs can hear the whistleblowers"
- D'artagnan Bingemunkle, 1874
Rock the eff on.
As the Rolling Stones "50 and Counting" tour grinds into gear, one cannot help wonder what the average age of today's Rolling Stones ticket buyer is. The Stones were spawned in a wilder musical era, when young people at least had the illusion th... [Read more]
I have a confession to make: You'll find the radio presets in my car tuned to an assortment of NPR stations (going over a hill in rural Connecticut usually results in the loss of reception) and my Pandora account is heavily weighted toward music recorded prior to 1980. So, what the heck am I doing working for a site dedicated to providing opportunities to see the latest, greatest, most popular entertainment? [Read more]
Album Title: Free the Universe
Release Date: April 16
Due to artistic differences, Major Lazer producers Diplo and Switch have parted ways leaving Diplo alone to pilot the mainstream reggae revival currently underway. Diplo’s manager told Billboard that he’d like the audience to see Major Lazer as a band or crew. Whether or not the album’s featured artists will perform on Free the Universe tour dates is still up on the air, but appearances by Santigold, Amber of Dirty Proje... [Read more]
76. Iraq Lobster - Do you love "Rock Lobster" but wish there were more? Peter's got you covered. "Death to America / And butter sauce / Don't boil me / I'm still alive / Iraq lobster! / Iraq lobster!" | Episode #168: "Screams of Silence: The Story of Brenda Q." (Season 10, Episode 3)
77. I Don't Want to Wait - Hey, we've all sung made-up lyrics before: "I don't want to wait / For my lunch to get colder / Da-da-da-da / Why can't I eat it now? / I don't want to wait / For, ha ha, new Toyota / I w... [Read more]
51. It's a Wonderful Day For Pie - Who says Family Guy isn't appropriate for children? This is just plain old, family-friendly, anti-Semitic, Disney-style fun. | Episode #127: "Road to the Multiverse" (Season 8, Episode 1)
52. Take On Me - One of those "What the f$@&?" moments that made Family Guy what it is today. It incorporates many signature FamGuy gag features: music, an '80s cultural reference, and an altered animation style. | Episode #59: "Breaking Out is Hard to Do" (Season 4, Episode ... [Read more]
It's an obvious and commonly known fact that among all of the professions in the world today, one of the most lucrative of them all (and most passionately sought after) is a successful musician or rock star. And the word "rock" is sort of a catchall phrase here: any multi-million album-selling musician of any genre is poised to make a real fortune. But while you would think a musician's riches comes mainly from the record deal, album sales, and perhaps concerts, appearances and endorsements, the... [Read more]
26. Establishment - Not sure Stewie quite got the spirit of Woodstock: "Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best...Learn the rules!" | Episode #65: "Brian Goes Back to College" (Season 4, Episode 15)
27. I Like Farts - New Brian knows that Peter is a man of simple taste: "I don't like fancy learnin' books / I don't like apple tarts / I don't like cozy breakfast nooks / I don't like modern art... / Well I like farts!" | Episode #115: "The Man with Two Brians" (Season 7, Episode ... [Read more]
1. Will Smith Nice Clean Rap - Hip-hop's hardest gangsta: "Whoo! Ha-ha! I respect women when I'm on a date / I take 'em to the park or maybe a museum / And I only try to kiss 'em if they're ready / Whoo-hoo! What, what, what?" | Episode #106: "McStroke" (Season 6, Episode 8)
2. Fatty's in a Little Jam - Love 'em or hate 'em, Vern and Johnny are true showmen; they know the show must go on: "Fatty's in a...Oh, now, how the whiz-bang does the rest of it go? Quick! Make something up!" | Episode #68... [Read more]
Now I’m not saying that I’m some kind of Nostradamus or something, since I have a pretty unpredictable track record with predictions. After all, even though I predicted that the Facebook IPO would be a train wreck, I also predicted that Peyton Manning would be signed by the New York Jets (who knew they would sign a third-string quarterback instead!) However, that didn’t stop me from making 13 predictions for this two thousand and thirteenth year after the death of Christ. From Twinkies to Lanc... [Read more]
We’ve all been there, setting lofty goals and falling short year after year. However, positive change is within reach, it’s all about the frame of mind. Seriously! Try following these few [relatively] simple steps to bend your perception and you may just conquer those New Year's resolutions. [Read more]