5. Man of Steel
Producer Christopher Nolan and Director Zack Snyder are the team tasked with spearheading the re-creation of the DC Comics cinematic universe to compete with Marvel in the eyes of the comic-loving people of the world. Nolan redefined the genre with his gritty Batman trilogy and Snyder set out to do the same with Superman. The result is an impressive template for the human and alien races that inhabit the universe and how they’ll look in CGI. Per Superman legend, we actually wi... [Read more]
Release Date: TBD
Director: Terry Gilliam
Rarely do you see a famous director, even a fairly eccentric one like Terry Gilliam, release a director’s statement prior to the release of a film, but apparently Gilliam is so hyped about The Zero Theorem that he felt compelled to release such a statement which included the following morsel:
“Having not worked with a budget this small for several decades, I was forced to work fast and instinctively, pressured only by time and money. We r... [Read more]
With the Internet about to 'splode with talk of the Hunger Games, I thought I'd offer my two cents on the film/books. I'll say it right now: I haven't read the books and don't plan on it. But then again, I haven't read Harry Potter or the Twilight "books" and that hasn't stopped me from having strong opinions on those either.
As it is my job to know what the Internet is up to, I did some research into the books/movie and came up with a list of 15 things you didn't know about the Hunger Games. H... [Read more]
• Seal and Heidi Klum are calling it a day after seven years of Seal’s uncontrollable temper. Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are reportedly taking tour buses down the same road.
• Rihanna had “THUG LIFE” tattooed in pink across her $72 million net-worth, white-collar thug knuckles.
• Blue Ivy Carter’s new godmother Oprah Winfrey is actually fairly well-equipped to provide wishes.
• Embattled Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom is work... [Read more]
Lights out...Tebow lives...the only other girl in the world...
• The Internet blew up this week with news that Google and Wikipedia might not work if SOPA/PIPA legislation was passed. Over 4.5 million people signed an anti-SOPA petition and many members of Congress who had previously supported the legislation folded on the bad hand they’d been dealt.
• Following the collapse of SOPA/PIPA, former senator Chris Dodd, drunk with his newfound power as the head of the Motion Picture... [Read more]
Courtney melts down…Demi and Ashton split up…the Biebz rides again…
• Michael Jackson’s death bed, sans mattress (his death bed-frame?), was pulled from auction after whoever was in charge of it came to his senses.
• Courtney Love continued to blame everyone but herself during a meltdown in Brazil after someone held up a picture of Kurt Cobain. Love dropped the F-bomb on everyone from Dave Grohl to anyone who tries to “steal money from my kid’s table” before walking offstage.
... [Read more]