This Saturday, December 8th, is the 32nd anniversary of the day John Winston Lennon was shot to death outside the Dakota building in Manhattan. I remember the day it happened or, more correctly, the morning after; living in England, we were five hours ahead, so were in bed while the events of that New York night unfolded. The radio morning news was ranting in between Beatles and Lennon songs, and my mother shouted to me as I came downstairs, "John Lennon's been shot!" I was 15 years old at the t... [Read more]
(1) Multi-platinum recording artists have feelings, too. Just because artists like Britney Spears and Master P have millions of dollars, doesn't mean they don't feel the sting when people illegally share their music. Next time you don't pay for one of their albums, just remember that you are the reason that Lars Ulrich will have to wait a few months before he can afford that gold-plated shark-tank bar for his swimming pool. Shame. | Episode #105: Christian Rock Hard (Season 7, Episode 9)
(2) It ... [Read more]
LiLo’s race to nowhere…Tom Cruise feels the need for speed…Yoko's war on Christmas…
• The film gods are at it again. Eddie Murphy has been tapped to play DC’s former Scarface-like mayor Marion Barry in an upcoming Spike Lee biopic.
• Lindsay Lohan upped her trash-ante by appearing in Playboy this week. Unfortunately the leaked spreads were deemed not smutty enough by the Internet.
• Tom Cruise announced a sequel to Top Gun. Goose is still dead.
• Trainspotting director D... [Read more]