Summer’s almost here and that means that Hollywood’s stable of Summer Movie Blockbusters is about to invade your commercial airspace. Aside from the screwball comedies, sequels and reboots that we’re accustomed to, from the whimsy of Men in Black 3 to the crowd-pleasing super hero ensemble vehicle The Avengers, there are five capital “F” Films that break the mold of the usual Hollywood fare. As clichéd as they may sound on paper—a sequel, a prequel and a reboot among them—these Films feature t... [Read more]
This is why Community rocks:
In space, no one can hear you squeam...So ronery...My precious...
• The official trailer for Ridley Scott’s Alien spin-off Prometheus surfaced. No aliens appear but there’s plenty of devastation and a tagline that reads “They went looking for our beginning, what they found could be our end." Looks intense.
• Notoriously unstable couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel reportedly got engaged.
• Nobody doubted Julianne Moore’s ability to take on Tina Fey’s definitive portrait... [Read more]
Living the thug life at Georgetown…Kanye sings the blues…the future looks thirsty…
• Georgetown University is offering a class on Jay-Z to lecture students on the intricacies of balling so hard, putting supermodels in the cab and moving freebase.
• Grammy award front-runner Kanye West lamented that he wasn’t nominated for Best Album and blamed it on putting out two albums in the same year. In a behind-the-scenes video ‘Ye also ruminated about world leaders who were affected by h... [Read more]
Based on science fiction novelist Philip K. Dick’s Do Android’s Dream of Electric Sheep, the Ridley Scott-directed film Blade Runner, released in 1982 to a weak box office and poor reviews, went on to become a cult classic and influence the entire genre. The film’s undeniable aesthetic overshadowed everything that had come before it and was eventually selected for inclusion in the United States National Film Registry of the Library of Congress for its cultural, historical and ... [Read more]