It's an obvious and commonly known fact that among all of the professions in the world today, one of the most lucrative of them all (and most passionately sought after) is a successful musician or rock star. And the word "rock" is sort of a catchall phrase here: any multi-million album-selling musician of any genre is poised to make a real fortune. But while you would think a musician's riches comes mainly from the record deal, album sales, and perhaps concerts, appearances and endorsements, the... [Read more]
This Contest is now Closed. Congratulations to Peter Dale and thanks to all who entered!
Coming on the heels of Ticket Liquidator’s month-long Concert Madness Tournament, the creative team here at Live Toast wanted to reward one lucky fan with a $350 gift certificate towards the summer concert of their choice (or a baseball game, theater event, whatever your heart desires.) Fans of the Ticket Liquidator page on Facebook recently crowned country superstar Jason Aldean as the musical artist the... [Read more]
This is it, the moment you've all been waiting for, the Ticket Liquidator Concert Madness Final Four. We're just three days away from knowing what artist you are most interested in seeing this summer. Its been a wild ride so far, with some stunning upsets, some very close calls, and our very own Cinderella story but now we're down to the last four tours you are most excited to see this summer.
It was a long and arduous battle to get here, but after starting with a field of 20 tours, still stand... [Read more]
Today, while hiding in a stock room reading a copy of Grey's Anatomy, I got to pondering celebrity body parts. No, not like that, take your mind out of the gutter, Toastie. I mean iconic body parts, like Kirk (and Michael) Douglas's dimple, Carl Malden's famous "ass nose", Stephen Hawking's prosthetic larynx, and Shirley Temple's precious curls. I began wondering how today's celebrities would look if they had a couple of iconic celebrity body parts attached to them. After about oh, half a second... [Read more]
(or A Superbowl/Grammy Post-Mortem on How Nicki Minaj Managed to Sidestep America’s Parochial Sensibilities to Grab the Freak Baton from Madonna)
In the midst of Madonna’s Super Bowl Halftime performance which at different times honored the Babylonian goddess Ishtar, the pagan deity Baphomet, football, America, gospel and of course L-U-V Madonna herself, Nicki Minaj stood off to the side shaking her ass and her pom-poms, doing “The Bump” with Madonna when appropriate and generally following the... [Read more]
Material girlz...Homerleaks...prison rules...
• Madonna took the whole Super Bowl thing quite literally in this video for the first single from her new album. Doing things like using her Super Bowl money to hire two of the biggest hype women in the game is why Madonna is still relevant.
• Lizzie Grant a.k.a. Lana Del Rey put all the haters to rest by topping the iTunes charts with her debut album Born to Die.
• All in the same week reports came in that future Hall of Fame q... [Read more]
Lights out...Tebow lives...the only other girl in the world...
• The Internet blew up this week with news that Google and Wikipedia might not work if SOPA/PIPA legislation was passed. Over 4.5 million people signed an anti-SOPA petition and many members of Congress who had previously supported the legislation folded on the bad hand they’d been dealt.
• Following the collapse of SOPA/PIPA, former senator Chris Dodd, drunk with his newfound power as the head of the Motion Picture... [Read more]
LiLo’s race to nowhere…Tom Cruise feels the need for speed…Yoko's war on Christmas…
• The film gods are at it again. Eddie Murphy has been tapped to play DC’s former Scarface-like mayor Marion Barry in an upcoming Spike Lee biopic.
• Lindsay Lohan upped her trash-ante by appearing in Playboy this week. Unfortunately the leaked spreads were deemed not smutty enough by the Internet.
• Tom Cruise announced a sequel to Top Gun. Goose is still dead.
• Trainspotting director D... [Read more]