Album Title: Free the Universe
Release Date: April 16
Due to artistic differences, Major Lazer producers Diplo and Switch have parted ways leaving Diplo alone to pilot the mainstream reggae revival currently underway. Diplo’s manager told Billboard that he’d like the audience to see Major Lazer as a band or crew. Whether or not the album’s featured artists will perform on Free the Universe tour dates is still up on the air, but appearances by Santigold, Amber of Dirty Proje... [Read more]
The 7 Coolest Boozing Setups from Film and TV
The glamor and glitz of TV and film ain't what it used to be. We'll never return to those heady days of leaded gasoline, sharing an in-flight cigarette with Boeing 707 "air hostesses", cufflinks and cool boozing. Well, maybe not the cufflinks and the in-flight cigarettes, but booze is stylish, despite the current message to the contrary from our Puritan Overlords. But they used to do booze a lot better than they do today. Ahh, when men were men. No... [Read more]
Over the course of five epic seasons of the best show on TV, the Mad Men of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce (Holloway?) have entertained us with their sordid, complex lives and shown us that every petty, venal action has an equal and opposite reaction. Just about every character on the show has at one time or another fallen from grace (except for Megan, who has at least two seasons left to tumble), but there are six stand outs for whom sleaze is way of life. The question is, which of these Mad Me... [Read more]
This isn't Sparta...winner take all...Debauchery Is Back...
• After being banned from appearing at the Oscars as his Dictator alter ego, Sacha Baron Cohen issued an ultimatum to the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Zionists, death to America and good luck to Billy Crystalz.
• Actor Gerard Butler of 300 fame entered rehab to cope with drug addictions developed while dealing with the physical demands of multiple takes of “This is Sparta!”
This is Sparta! 300 at MOVIECL... [Read more]
Memoirs from Iron City...Draper returns...baby blues...
• Lil Wayne will release a memoir of his time in protective custody at Riker’s Island titled Gone Till November. Described as an internal monologue, Wayne’s personal diaries document his time on the inside without the sizzurp.
• The Velvet Underground sued the Andy Warhol Foundation for licensing the iconic banana image Warhol designed for their first album.
• For $40 a month or $500 for lifetime use, Appifier can turn ... [Read more]
For all those Mad Men fans out there, did you know Jon Hamm does comedy? After four seasons as the impenetrable Don Draper it was a surprise to see Hamm exploring his comic side on episodes of Saturday Night Live and scene-stealing recently in the big screen hit Bridesmaids. Universal execs liked the money they made off Bridesmaids so much that they’ve green-lighted another film by director Paul Feig and producer Judd Aptow who are rumored to be considering Hamm for a role. Check out Ha... [Read more]