The Meat Dress
Lady Gaga attended the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards wearing a meat dress fashioned from swatches of raw beef. Using her podium as the first woman to receive two nominations for video of the year, Gaga commented that she was standing up for her beliefs which, apparently, do not include animal rights. The meat dress has since been cured and preserved at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Src: 2010 © MTV Video Music Awards via YouTube
Lady Gaga showed up on the red c... [Read more]
Video Still from "Picasso Baby: A Performance Art Film", Jay Z and Mark Romanek, 2013
For many of us who have not yet been adopted by the New York City art world we wondered who was the intense-looking lady in black pressed up against Jay Z’s forehead in the performance art film for "Picasso Baby"? She showed up again in Lady Gaga’s NSFW alternative medicine/rehab video promo for Gaga’s new album sitting opposite the Fame Monster herself. To say Abramović is having a moment is redundant. Abr... [Read more]
Check out the Live Toast pin board on Pinterest!
Get a slice of the action with Lady Gaga tickets from Ticket Liquidator!
This Contest is now Closed. Congratulations to Peter Dale and thanks to all who entered!
Coming on the heels of Ticket Liquidator’s month-long Concert Madness Tournament, the creative team here at Live Toast wanted to reward one lucky fan with a $350 gift certificate towards the summer concert of their choice (or a baseball game, theater event, whatever your heart desires.) Fans of the Ticket Liquidator page on Facebook recently crowned country superstar Jason Aldean as the musical artist the... [Read more]
Bird is the word...paws up...let's get ramblin'...
• The plot thickened when news surfaced that Super Bowl bird-flipper M.I.A. has been estranged from her fiancé, heir to the Seagram’s fortune Benjamin Bronfman, and her two-year-old son Ikhyd for six months.
• Steve Carrell and Keira Knightley star in this new movie about the end of the world, a comedy version of Children of Men:
• Apple, which at different points in its history borrowed money from Intel and Bill Gates, is no... [Read more]
Damon FAIL…Sheen FAIL…Jagger FAIL…
• Christian Bale was rough-housed by plain clothes Chinese police after attempting to visit a controversial Chinese lawyer who was under house arrest. Bale claimed he just wanted to shake the man’s hand. He happened to have a CNN camera crew in tow for the potential handshake.
• Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel brought out the ugly side of kids with crappy gifts.
This year’s MTV Video Music Awards show was mind-bogglingly strange and wonderful with a number of classy (I never thought I would see that word in the same sentence as MTV either) moments that together made for a more memorable experience than some of the other more hideous awards shows that have been making the rounds lately. Some of the highlights included Beyonce’s nonchalant unveiling of her baby bump after her performance, Tyler the Creator’s Best New Artist win and prof... [Read more]
China’s Ministry of Culture took a 1984-inspired turn this week when it ordered the deletion of songs by Lady GaGa, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Beyonce, Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys from its music download sites. The Asian superpower claimed they were taking action in order to maintain “national cultural security” in the face of such subversive tracks as the Backstreet Boys I Want It That Way. China’s cultural security was thought to have been previously handed ov... [Read more]
"Britney Spears taught me you can rise after you fall.Lady Gaga taught me it's okay to be different.Taylor Swift taught me how to deal with a broken heart.Michael Jackson taught me to always love the people around me.Katy Perry taught me how to live.But most importantly, Rebecca Black taught me the days of the week."
- Random Quote