What do Billy Joel, Cher, The Eagles, Elton John, George Strait, Paul Simon, Sting and Van Morrison have in common? For one, they’re all AARP eligible by 11 years on the low end and 22 years on the high end. You might never think that George Strait, whose last tour date ever is coming up in 2014, would be the youngest of the bunch at age 61, or that Cher, Billy Joel and Elton John have been active the longest, with Cher beginning in ‘63 and edging the other two out by a year. More curiously, ... [Read more]
Now I’m not saying that I’m some kind of Nostradamus or something, since I have a pretty unpredictable track record with predictions. After all, even though I predicted that the Facebook IPO would be a train wreck, I also predicted that Peyton Manning would be signed by the New York Jets (who knew they would sign a third-string quarterback instead!) However, that didn’t stop me from making 13 predictions for this two thousand and thirteenth year after the death of Christ. From Twinkies to Lanc... [Read more]
After almost 15 years in the search business it looks like Google has finally found what it was looking for. Despite the fact that every single person on the planet already uses Google to find what they’re looking for (sorry Bing), there were still a few kinks that needed to be ironed out.
We in the SEO industry (Search Engine Optimization for the uninitiated) play in the Google sandbox every day. For years we played word games, sorting out different iterations and combinations of syllables... [Read more]
Bird is the word...paws up...let's get ramblin'...
• The plot thickened when news surfaced that Super Bowl bird-flipper M.I.A. has been estranged from her fiancé, heir to the Seagram’s fortune Benjamin Bronfman, and her two-year-old son Ikhyd for six months.
• Steve Carrell and Keira Knightley star in this new movie about the end of the world, a comedy version of Children of Men:
• Apple, which at different points in its history borrowed money from Intel and Bill Gates, is no... [Read more]
Memoirs from Iron City...Draper returns...baby blues...
• Lil Wayne will release a memoir of his time in protective custody at Riker’s Island titled Gone Till November. Described as an internal monologue, Wayne’s personal diaries document his time on the inside without the sizzurp.
• The Velvet Underground sued the Andy Warhol Foundation for licensing the iconic banana image Warhol designed for their first album.
• For $40 a month or $500 for lifetime use, Appifier can turn ... [Read more]
Living the thug life at Georgetown…Kanye sings the blues…the future looks thirsty…
• Georgetown University is offering a class on Jay-Z to lecture students on the intricacies of balling so hard, putting supermodels in the cab and moving freebase.
• Grammy award front-runner Kanye West lamented that he wasn’t nominated for Best Album and blamed it on putting out two albums in the same year. In a behind-the-scenes video ‘Ye also ruminated about world leaders who were affected by h... [Read more]
Google has been on a tear lately. On Monday they announced the $12.5 billion acquisition of Motorola Mobility, Motorola’s mobile device arm, a move that represents Google’s first foray into hardware. With a foothold in the handset and tablet market, Google has access to all facets of the Android user experience and can finally take full advantage of all the tools in its arsenal, setting up the mother of all battle royals with Apple over content management. If the FTC thought it ha... [Read more]
After Facebook’s smear campaign against Google was leaked by a rogue blogger it looks like Google may have its revenge. Early reports on Google’s social networking tool Google + say it’s intuitive and easy-to-use. The different interfaces borrow liberally from Apple’s playbook of clean, simple design and the product relies on these six innovations to Facebook’s model: - Circles: Social circles dependent on your different areas of interest rather than on Friend or N... [Read more]