It's an obvious and commonly known fact that among all of the professions in the world today, one of the most lucrative of them all (and most passionately sought after) is a successful musician or rock star. And the word "rock" is sort of a catchall phrase here: any multi-million album-selling musician of any genre is poised to make a real fortune. But while you would think a musician's riches comes mainly from the record deal, album sales, and perhaps concerts, appearances and endorsements, the... [Read more]
(1) Multi-platinum recording artists have feelings, too. Just because artists like Britney Spears and Master P have millions of dollars, doesn't mean they don't feel the sting when people illegally share their music. Next time you don't pay for one of their albums, just remember that you are the reason that Lars Ulrich will have to wait a few months before he can afford that gold-plated shark-tank bar for his swimming pool. Shame. | Episode #105: Christian Rock Hard (Season 7, Episode 9)
(2) It ... [Read more]
Today, while hiding in a stock room reading a copy of Grey's Anatomy, I got to pondering celebrity body parts. No, not like that, take your mind out of the gutter, Toastie. I mean iconic body parts, like Kirk (and Michael) Douglas's dimple, Carl Malden's famous "ass nose", Stephen Hawking's prosthetic larynx, and Shirley Temple's precious curls. I began wondering how today's celebrities would look if they had a couple of iconic celebrity body parts attached to them. After about oh, half a second... [Read more]
Dave Matthews Band Tour Dates
From humble beginnings as a jazz/bluegrass-jam band playing college bars in Virginia to filling the Great Lawn at Central Park, the Dave Matthews Band took a year-long break after 20 consecutive years of touring recently to catch their breath. Starting in May with back-to-back Dave Matthews Band tour dates in Texas, they’re back with a variety of opening acts including The Avett Brothers, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Delta Spirit, Lettuce and Gary Clark Jr... [Read more]
Lights out...Tebow lives...the only other girl in the world...
• The Internet blew up this week with news that Google and Wikipedia might not work if SOPA/PIPA legislation was passed. Over 4.5 million people signed an anti-SOPA petition and many members of Congress who had previously supported the legislation folded on the bad hand they’d been dealt.
• Following the collapse of SOPA/PIPA, former senator Chris Dodd, drunk with his newfound power as the head of the Motion Picture... [Read more]
Piracy as religion…Yeezy saves...beam us up…
• In the war for an airtight, vacuum-sealed Internet free of sharing, all of the major record labels have filed lawsuits against Grooveshark’s obviously somewhat illegal but still very wonderful streaming service.
• Maybe they should move to Sweden where file sharing was dubbed a religion this week.
• The chosen one Justin Bieber got a tattoo of the son of God on his calf.
• Russell Brand’s raging sexual appetite was rumored to be the... [Read more]