Bird is the word...paws up...let's get ramblin'...
• The plot thickened when news surfaced that Super Bowl bird-flipper M.I.A. has been estranged from her fiancé, heir to the Seagram’s fortune Benjamin Bronfman, and her two-year-old son Ikhyd for six months.
• Steve Carrell and Keira Knightley star in this new movie about the end of the world, a comedy version of Children of Men:
• Apple, which at different points in its history borrowed money from Intel and Bill Gates, is no... [Read more]
Lights out...Tebow lives...the only other girl in the world...
• The Internet blew up this week with news that Google and Wikipedia might not work if SOPA/PIPA legislation was passed. Over 4.5 million people signed an anti-SOPA petition and many members of Congress who had previously supported the legislation folded on the bad hand they’d been dealt.
• Following the collapse of SOPA/PIPA, former senator Chris Dodd, drunk with his newfound power as the head of the Motion Picture... [Read more]
Above: Sinéad signs the register while Barry checks his i-Pad
Forget Kim Kardashian's fake life. Something infinitely terribler recently happened in Las Vegas: Sinéad O' Connor. That's right, the shaven-headed Irish antagonist has been up to her dodgy shenanigans again. This time she's involved in what is surely the most interesting (for an even shorter span than the marriage lasted) divorce of 2011, when she tied the slipknot with drug counsellor Barry Herridge. O' Connor said that being... [Read more]
When Steve Jobs stepped down as CEO of Apple six weeks ago, I don’t think anybody not in the Jedi High Council really knew how sick he was. Surely he was just going underground for some top secret stem cell treatment and would return later with super powers or worst case as a cyborg. Unfortunately the all-powerful, all-seeing, all-knowing Steve Jobs was still only a man and the pancreatic cancer he had been struggling with for the past seven years finally got the upper hand. Jobs made a... [Read more]
The United States faced not one but two natural catastrophes this week in the form of a 5.8 earthquake along the East coast on Tuesday and Hurricane/Post-Tropical Cyclone Irene over the weekend, and a third if you count Steve Jobs retiring from Apple. We’re still dealing with the water and structural damage, as well as Jobs on the Board of Apple, like Putin looking over the shoulder of Medvedev telling him he’s not doing it right, and, for the adrenaline junkies out there, Tropical ... [Read more]