Steve Jobs, the recently deceased/besmirched tech mogul who once reputedly "declared war" on Android and said that he felt "personally betrayed" by Google, is in for another kicking. This time, Taiwanese comedian and impersonator Ah-Ken has dragged Jobs' memory through the mud in a YouTube advert for Action Electronics’ Android-based ActionPad tablet and multi-language dictionary. Ah-Ken appears in the commercial dressed in the unmistakable Jobs garb of black polo neck sweater and jeans, with ad... [Read more]
Bird is the word...paws up...let's get ramblin'...
• The plot thickened when news surfaced that Super Bowl bird-flipper M.I.A. has been estranged from her fiancé, heir to the Seagram’s fortune Benjamin Bronfman, and her two-year-old son Ikhyd for six months.
• Steve Carrell and Keira Knightley star in this new movie about the end of the world, a comedy version of Children of Men:
• Apple, which at different points in its history borrowed money from Intel and Bill Gates, is no... [Read more]
Living the thug life at Georgetown…Kanye sings the blues…the future looks thirsty…
• Georgetown University is offering a class on Jay-Z to lecture students on the intricacies of balling so hard, putting supermodels in the cab and moving freebase.
• Grammy award front-runner Kanye West lamented that he wasn’t nominated for Best Album and blamed it on putting out two albums in the same year. In a behind-the-scenes video ‘Ye also ruminated about world leaders who were affected by h... [Read more]
The technology gods produced a veritable geek-smorgasbord this week. Not only did Google announce its Ice Cream Sandwich/Android 4.0 update, but Moonfruit partnered with PayPal to launch its super easy-to-use Shopbuilder tool for web, mobile and social media platforms. Moonfruit’s software allows people who don’t even know what a computer is to build slick storefronts that integrate seamlessly into Facebook and mobile, a big improvement over anything that already exists. Google de... [Read more]