Broadway fans, especially those who aren't lucky enough to live near the theatre mecca, have had a lot to celebrate over the past decade with the releases of film versions of some of the biggest hit musicals ever to hit the Great White Way. The 2002 release of the Oscar-sweeping hit Chicago, starring Renee Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Richard Gere, and Queen Latifah paved the way for a new generation of movie musicals. Soon thereafter came Phantom of the Opera (2004), starring Gerard Butler ... [Read more]
Piracy as religion…Yeezy saves...beam us up…
• In the war for an airtight, vacuum-sealed Internet free of sharing, all of the major record labels have filed lawsuits against Grooveshark’s obviously somewhat illegal but still very wonderful streaming service.
• Maybe they should move to Sweden where file sharing was dubbed a religion this week.
• The chosen one Justin Bieber got a tattoo of the son of God on his calf.
• Russell Brand’s raging sexual appetite was rumored to be the... [Read more]
LiLo’s race to nowhere…Tom Cruise feels the need for speed…Yoko's war on Christmas…
• The film gods are at it again. Eddie Murphy has been tapped to play DC’s former Scarface-like mayor Marion Barry in an upcoming Spike Lee biopic.
• Lindsay Lohan upped her trash-ante by appearing in Playboy this week. Unfortunately the leaked spreads were deemed not smutty enough by the Internet.
• Tom Cruise announced a sequel to Top Gun. Goose is still dead.
• Trainspotting director D... [Read more]